poniedziałek, 13 sierpnia 2012

Progress on modular urban board

I've finished first nine tiles of my modular urban board - it's enough to make a 60x60 board for playing Flying Lead, but there's not much space for variation here. I'm quite happy with the colour scheme, though - and the example of the excellent Redemption City board by BaldLea shows that I'm not the only one who finds the white-and-green scheme eye-pleasing.

Overhead view
Overhead view from another angle
Ambush!
Metal pieces from The Scene were used for detailing the raised platform (I aim to make four such raised tiles).
Stairs were made using the method I've outlined here: http://multiverse15.blogspot.com/2011/01/sci-fi-corridor-tutorial-1-stairways.html
Duel between two gangers. Notice the manhole next to the sidewalk and the concrete texture on the wall.
Another overhead view of the board.

4 komentarze:

  1. Looks good. What did you use to texture your buildings? I have a ton of Gamecraft wooden buildings and I haven't found the perfect solution for surfacing them just yet.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. @Cameron: Thanks! I used a water-based acrylic putty (from Stuccolini) - the most generic kind of filler you will find in any store with building/makeover materials.

    OdpowiedzUsuń